Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Not So Corny

There was  a farmer who grew superior quality corn. Every year, his corn won prizes in state fairs. One year a newspaper reporter interviewed him and discovered that the farmer shared his seed corn with his neighbours. 

The reporter asked, "How can you afford to share your best seed corn with your neighbours, when they are entering corn in competition with yours each year?". 

The farmer replied, " Didn't you know? The wind picks up pollen grains from the ripening corn and swirls it from field to field. If my neighbours grow inferior, substandard and poor quality corn, cross-pollination will steadily degrade the quality of my corn. If I have to grow good corn, I must help my neighbours to grow good corn." 


Success does not happen in isolation, it is a participatory and collective process. So share good practices, ideas and knowledge with your friends and colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment